Claudio E. Iannitelli
Mr. Iannitelli serves as outside national collections counsel for OUTFRONT Media, LLC (formerly known as CBS Outdoor) and one of the largest out-of-home media companies in the world, with headquarters in Arizona and New York. In this capacity, he oversees the firm's handling of debt collections nationwide in connection with nonpayment of billboard advertising contracts, as well as defending bankruptcy preference payments.
|In 2006, Mr. Iannitelli obtained a multi-million dollar settlement on behalf of one of the firm's clients arising out of a lawsuit concerning whether a business relationship was improperly terminated resulting in the demise of such client's business. The case was at the forefront of litigation reform as it pertains to the requirements regarding the preservation and production of soft and electronic data. After extensive briefing and oral argument, Mr. Iannitelli received a favorable ruling and the court entered a number of sanctions against the opposing party in order to address that party's failure to produce certain e-mails and other electronic records, the reformatting of a hard drive and the destruction of other records after litigation was anticipated.
Mr. Iannitelli represents business clients in connection with employment matters, including litigation in state and federal courts. During a 2014 jury trial, Mr. Iannitelli established that a plaintiff who had filed wage claims was not an employee of the firm's client but instead was an independent contractor. Further, Mr. Iannitelli established that the plaintiff had processed an unauthorized credit card advance resulting in the jury awarding punitive damages in favor of the firm's client and fully offsetting the plaintiff's claims.
Mr. Iannitelli frequently presents continuing education seminars for attorneys and other professionals, on construction law, construction defect law, mechanic’s lien law and collection remedies.
Commercial Litigation; Construction Litigation; Creditors' Rights (Collections); Business Transactions; Real Estate Litigation; Real Estate Transactions; Employment and Labor; Appeals; Probate and Estate Planning.
Bars: Arizona (1989); New York (2016).
Courts: U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit; U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona; All state courts in Arizona; All state courts in New York.
Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ (B.S., 1986)
Arizona State University College of Law, Tempe, AZ (J.D., 1989)
Burke v. Voicestream Wireless Corp., 207 Ariz. 393, 87 P.3d 81, (App. 2004); Ahwatukee Custom Estate Management Ass'n, Inc. v. Bach, 193 Ariz. 401, 973 P2d 106 (1999); Little v. Superior Court, 180 Ariz. 328, 884 P.2d 214 (App. 1994); Lang v. Superior Court, 170 Ariz. 602, 826 P.2d 1228 (App. 1992); Mason v. Arizona Bd. Of Pardons and Paroles, 157 Ariz. 341, 757 P.2d 617 (App. 1992).
- Co-Author, "Advanced Construction Law in Arizona," ongoing since 2000, National Business Institute (NBI), Continuing Legal Education Seminars.
- Co-Author, "Arizona Construction Payment Remedies," ongoing since 1997, National Business Institute (NBI), Continuing Legal Education Seminars.
- Co-Author, "Mechanic's Lien Law and Strategies in Arizona," ongoing since 1998, National Business Institute (NBI), Continuing Legal Education Seminars.
- Co-Author, "How to Litigate Undisclosed Real Estate Defect Cases in Arizona," ongoing since 2003, National Business Institute, Continuing Legal Education Seminars - Author, "Arizona Collection Remedies," ongoing since 2000, National Business Institute (NBI), Continuing Legal Education Seminars.
- Co-Author, "Construction Law Fundamentals: Managing Project Risk," 2007, National Business Institute (NBI), Continuing Legal Education Seminars.
|Languages: Spanish, Italian|
|Birth Place: Buenos Aires, Argentina|
with focus on:
- Business Transactions
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Creditors' Rights (Collections)
- Employment and Labor
- Real Estate Litigation
- Real Estate Transactions
- Estates and Probate
Phoenix (Main Office):
5353 North 16th Street, Suite 315
Phoenix, Arizona 85016
Phone: (602) 952-6000
Fax: (602) 952-7020
New York Office:
275 Madison Avenue, 14th Floor
New York, New York 10016
Phone: (212) 697-9400
Fax: (212) 697-9401